The design of interior automotive systems continues to grow in complexity as the driver now interacts with brought-in devices, the cloud, adaptive systems, many audio sources, navigation systems, their contacts and more.
In this session, learn what it takes to lead the strategic planning of experiences and design solutions across the Global Ford portfolio of vehicles and services. Learn about the role of global research, experience modeling and framing, defining UX strategy and translating it into conceptual products and services.
In addition, you will also learn about …
- The technologies & potential in-car systems of the future
- The ecosystem of suppliers and dynamics in auto design
- The major interactive domains of vehicles
- Designing to reduce distraction
- The evolution of physical and digital controls in vehicles
- The future of auto input and control
- Driver condition differences throughout the world
- UX principles and process applied to interior experience design
- What is coming next … in auto interaction design
The mission of Ford’s Experience Design Team is to design and develop in-vehicle and remote human-machine interfaces that are clear in use, compelling in look and interaction, and safe to use while driving. We design for driving first and everything else follows.